Joining The Lodge of the Argonauts, No. 8210
Freemasonry is one of the world’s oldest non-religious, non-political, fraternal and charitable organisations. We always welcome new members who live, work or study in the Leicester area and wish to join and become a Freemason. The average age of our members in The Lodge of the Argonauts is 45 years old ranging from 25 to 74 and come from diverse backgrounds covering a broad spectrum of professions, interests, ethnicities and religious beliefs. How do I Become a Freemason and a member of the The Lodge of the Argonauts?
You might think that to become a Freemason is quite difficult. It’s actually straightforward. You do not have to be invited. If you wish to become a Freemason and join The Lodge of the Argonauts then simply contact us.
Our Lodge Secretary, W. Bro. Ken Moss, will be in touch to arrange a meeting with you to:
- Answer any further questions you may have about Freemasonry
- Discuss the procedure of joining the Lodge
- Show you around our Grade II Listed meeting place on London Road, Leicester.
Why become a Freemason?
Every Freemason has his own reason for joining. For many, Freemasonry acts as a ‘constant’, providing them with a unique combination of friendship, belonging and structure, with many Freemasons saying they have made valuable lifelong friendships. Above all and for most, Freemasonry is simply an enjoyable hobby. Other reasons include:
- Achievement – progressing through the offices in the Lodge to become Master.
- Brotherhood – making new friends from all walks of life.
- Charity – contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Education – learning from peers and mentors by practising and making speeches.
- Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of Freemasonry.
- Self improvement – making a contribution to your family and society.
What benefits will I get out of Freemasonry?
- Meet people from very different walks of life.
- Satisfaction of helping others less fortunate than yourself.
- Self-confidence and ability to learn increase.
Who can join the Lodge?
- Have a Belief in a God – All religions are welcome and respected.
- Male and at least 21 years old.
How much does it cost?
- You don’t have to be well-off to become a Freemason. It costs less than you may think and is comparable to other social clubs and societies.